In Android Studio, you can do this:
For example, if you want to change
In your Project pane , click on the little gear icon ( )
Uncheck / De-select the
Compact Empty Middle Packagesoption
Your package directory will now be broken up in individual directories
Individually select each directory you want to rename, and:
- Right-click it
- Click on
- In the Pop-up dialog, click on
Rename Packageinstead of Rename Directory
- Enter the new name and hit Refactor
- Click Do Refactor in the bottom
- Allow a minute to let Android Studio update all changes
- Note: When renaming
comin Android Studio, it might give a warning. In such case, select Rename All
- Now open your Gradle Build File (
mobile). Update the
defaultConfigto your new Package Name and Sync Gradle, if it hasn't already been updated automatically:
You may need to change the
package=attribute in your manifest.
Clean and Rebuild.
Done! Anyway, Android Studio needs to make this process a little simpler.