I had the same problem. Don't remember where I found it on the web, but here is what I did:
- Click "Start button"
- in the search box, enter "Turn windows features on or off"
- in the features window, Click: "Internet Information Services"
- Click: "World Wide Web Services"
- Click: "Application Development Features"
- Check (enable) the features. I checked all but CGI.
btw, I'm using Windows 7. Many comments over the years have certified this works all the way up to Windows 10 and Server 2019, as well.